In conjunction with VisitGreenwich, TravelGBI is giving away 10 tickets to a Painted Hall Ceiling Tour of the Old Royal Naval College Greenwich.
Guests will ascend 60 feet and uncover the secrets of Britain’s largest painted ceiling.
Painted between 1707 and 1726, the Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College hides many surprises. During a major conservation project, visitors will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the drama of this vast masterpiece up close.
The Painted Hall Ceiling Tours are part of visit Greenwich’s ambitious project to conserve the ceiling and wall paintings; as such they take place on a working site. You should be aware of the following requirements for health and safety:
• All visitors must arrive 15 minutes before the time shown on their ticket. Latecomers will not be admitted and tickets cannot be refunded.
• All visitors must attend the briefing at the beginning of the tour which will include details on what to do in an emergency situation.
• Stiletto shoes will not be permitted. We strongly advise that you wear closed-toe, closed back shoes with a heel of no more than 2 inches high.
• Visitors must be fit enough to ascend and descend 70 steps.
• Visitors who have heart or circulation problems, respiratory disease, epilepsy, or are pregnant are advised to carefully consider their condition before they purchase a ticket. Refunds on the day are not permitted.
• Children under the age of 6 will not be permitted. All children must be able to ascend and descend the staircase on their own. Pushchairs and buggies are not permitted.
• Visitors will be required to wear high visibility jackets and hard hats for the duration of the tour.
• There will be access for wheelchair users. Please contact 020 8269 4799. We cannot guarantee access if you do not phone in advance.